Nighttime is when the metabolic activity of the skin cells are at their highest. This means that your skin is twice as active. The body, as well as the skin, is repairing itself as you sleep. Using night cream at the peak of metabolic activity will help repair your skin as it absorbs the active restorative ingredients.
Another important factor, making night cream a necessary part of your skin care routine, is that your skin reacts differently according to your body’s clock. During the day, your skin’s energy is directed at protecting itself and you from environmental or psychological stressors. At night, the cells focus on repairing themselves from the damage encountered during the day.
Using different products for night and day supports the natural functions of your skin. Also, because your skin loses most of it moisture at night, it is best to use a night cream to keep your skin moisturized.
This article will discuss:
- Is lighter in texture compared to night creams to allow your skin to breathe
- Contains ingredients that protect the skin from harmful factors during the day, such as sunlight and pollution
- Helps add a special energy boost to your complexion to enhance the increasing of elasticity and resistance
- Thicker in texture for an ultra-efficient, deep moisturizing effect during the night
- Contains more nourishing, anti-aging active ingredients that stimulate cell renewal, restore skin’s elasticity, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases blood circulation
Day or night, caring for your skin is important. One night cream is Perricone‘s Evening Facial Emollient, a helpful addition to your skin care routine which works to moisturize your skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. This product can also help improve the loss of elasticity of your skin with all of its anti-aging ingredients.
Evening Facial Emollient Ingredients
The Concentrated Restorative Treatment is another one of Perricone’s night cream products that can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It is different from the Evening Facial Emollient because this product can improve any discoloration of your skin or sun damage. The other powerful ingredients this product contains help make your skin smooth and appear healthy and luminous.
Concentrated Restorative Treatment ingredients:
- Vitamin C Ester-increases skin’s firmness, elasticity, and radiance
During clinicals it was reported that 86% of users had improvement in the appearance of wrinkles. Also, 85% reported an improvement in fine lines.
Both of these products can help improve the condition of your skin due to the active ingredients they contain. However, the product you choose depends on the type of skin you have or issues you may have with your skin. With your metabolic activity peaking at night, it is best to use a night cream so that, while your skin is concentrating on repairing itself, it is absorbing essential nutrients to keep your skin healthy.
By simply applying a night cream, you are able to help fight skin damaging free radical all hours of the day.
You may be at a resting point, but your skin is doing double time.