Forget about fad diets and ridiculous diet pills with various ingredients, just stick to the realistic Anti-Inflammatory Diet by eating:
- Healthy fats
- Low-glycemic carbohydrates
- High-quality protein
- Fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants
You will see noticeable results in not only your body, but also your skin.
Nutrients ranging from glutamine to alpha lipoic acid to chromium will enhance loss of body fat, regulate levels of blood sugar and insulin, and also promote healthy, youthful-looking skin.
This article will discuss:
Glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids, the building blocks of protein, encoded in the genetic code. While you are able synthesize it, the majority of glutamine the body needs is manufactured in muscle cells and keeps the muscles working properly. However, under stressful conditions such as intense workouts or physical injury, the amino acid is used up very quickly, and the demand for glutamine exceeds the body’s ability to make it. Fortunately, a significant amount of glutamine can be obtained from several dietary sources.
So why do you need glutamine to get and stay skinny?
When you are overweight, you need even more glutamine than normal. If you don’t have enough glutamine in the system, the body breaks down the muscle tissue to get the extra amino acid. In that case, you start to lose muscle mass.
By having enough glutamine in your system, you can lose weight and maintain muscle mass. Adding glutamine to your diet will help you stay on track of the Anti-Inflammatory Diet and reduce cravings for high-glycemic carbohydrates.
Glutamine intake can also heal stomach ulcers, support the maintenance of gut barrier, and treat people with HIV.
Glutamine can be found in many dietary sources and will help you keep the weight off by reducing cravings and giving the body more energy.
The top sources of glutamine are meat, fish, and poultry.
If you are a vegetarian, glutamine can also be obtained through:
Other good sources of glutamine include eggs, milk, cheese, and yogurt.
Now that you know exactly what glutamine is and where it can be obtained, you’ll most likely find a lot of glutamine sources in your kitchen.
For ideas to incorporate glutamine into your diet, try recipes recommended by Dr. Perricone, like Rich Lentil and Turkey Sausage Soup or Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Along with glutamine, there are other nutrients that can aid in the loss of body fat while keeping the skin looking healthy and youthful.
Some of them include:
Alpha Lipoic Acid, ALA:
- A potent antioxidant that changes food into energy.
- This antioxidant will also help fight the aging process by decreasing fine lines and preventing wrinkles from emerging.
- The Perricone MD ALA supplement increases the effects of other antioxidants.
- A nutritional substance essential in the communication from one nerve to another.
- It is most commonly found in fish.
- By taking DMAE as a supplement, your memory will improve as well as your problem-solving abilities.
- This supplement is important for weight loss programs because it increases skin firmness and muscle tone.
Carnitin, critical for an active metabolism:
- Nutrient transports fatty acids from the blood into the cell for energy production.
- For carnitine to work correctly, fatty acids must be present in the diet.
- Omega-3, an essential fatty acid, is available as a supplement. It has many health benefits and supports cardiovascular health. Omega 3 can also be found in salmon and other fish.
Conjugated Linoleic Acid, CLA:
- A fatty acid that decreases body fat, especially in the abdomen area.
- Increases insulin sensitivity.
- This nutrient is found in many sources, including eggs, lamb, red meat, and some mushrooms.
Perricone MD’s Health & Weight Management supplement contains six of the ten weight loss nutrients Dr. Perricone suggests. This supplement of nutrients is designed to support a healthy plan to lose and maintain weight. Health and Weight Management boosts metabolism and decreases body fat while increasing energy levels.
The supplement is to be taken 3 times a day with each meal.
Another supplement great for maintaining your weight is the Maitake Mushroom Extract. This extract supports cardiovascular health and is a rich source of Vitamin B, calcium, and many more.
Keeping up with the Anti-Inflammatory Diet will provide healthy, noticeable results in your weight, energy, and skin. Remember such nutrients as glutamine, ALA, and the others mentioned when at the grocery store.
And learn more about his Anti-inflammatory Diet by watching this video: