Oily skin is not as common as dry skin but consider yourself lucky if you have it because this type of skin ages wonderfully. Although it is usually shiny and dull colored with sometimes coarse pores and blemishes, it ages at a slower rate than any other skin type.
Since breakouts and blackheads are a typical annoyances that come with oily skin, it is important to learn why this oil producing skin type has overactive oil glands and how you can help regulate it.
- Why Do You Have Oily Skin?
- What is the Best Wrinkle Cream for Oily Skin?
- What Else Can You Do About Oily Skin?
There are many causes of oily skin and while the millions of you with it are annoyed, it is important to know that you are going to age best. Oily skin allows for extra moisture to sit in the skin and not dry and shrivel up, creating unsightly wrinkles that no one wants.
However, there are still problems those with oily skin face. The biggest concern that comes with having oily skin is the tendency to have frequent breakouts or mild to severe acne.
So how did you get oily skin? Many believe the biggest reason is hereditary, meaning it runs in your family.
There are other outside causes too. These may include:
- Hormone Levels
- Birth Control Pills
- Weather (especially hot weather)
Although some people with oily skin go without any moisturizer, it is important to maintain balance in your skin and not allow over production of oil which is sometimes caused by over washing and lack of moisturizing. Over washing may be seen as a good thing to kills germs and get rid of oils, but it can actually sometimes lead to sickness.
With oily skin, it is important to opt for oil-free moisturizers to maintain a shine-free complexion. An excellent choice of products is Dr. Perricone’s great line for oily skin. For example, one of Perricone’s products, the Face Finishing Moisturizer, is an awesome lightweight hydrater that nourishes and allows a healthy glow instead of a greasy shine.
You can apply moisturizers and wash your face as much as you want but sometimes this does not fix everything. It is important to also know other things you can do to improve your oily skin.
Here are steps to take daily to get the clear (and less oily) skin you have been looking for:
- Wash your face no more than 2x per day to not over stimulate oil production
- Use hot water to wash yourself to drain out some of the extra oil
- Use specially medicated soaps for your skin type
- Eat a healthy diet including unprocessed, fresh fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not smoke
- Use vinegars (apple vinegar) for a neutralizing effect if necessary
- Regularly brush and massage of the whole body stimulates circulation
- Try oil supplements that may be beneficial for your skin
- Get sufficient sleep so skin cells can repair
- Exercise regularly to nourish and cleanse your skin from the inside out
Oily skin should not hold you back. With Dr. Perricone’s Face Finishing Moisturizer and by following the other lifestyle tips above, you will surely get the results you want. Regulating the oil production in your skin may not be easy, but the results are definitely worth the effort.