A skin moisturizer is meant to soften skin by preventing and treating dry skin. A good moisturizer should feel and smell good, without leaving skin greasy. It should also immediately absorb into the skin and retain skin’s natural moisture. A non-irritating moisturizer can protect sensitive skin.
This article will discuss:
- Skin moisturizer benefits
- Tips for moisturizing
- Choosing a skin moisturizer
- How to keep skin healthy
Regular use of a good moisturizer can easily improve the look and feel of skin.
Some more benefits of skin moisturizer include:
- Reduces premature aging
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
- Decreases skin damage
- Combats effects of harsh weather and external elements
- Neutralizes free radicals
- Boosts skin’s defense system
- Increases skin’s metabolism
- Improves skin tone
To get the most out of skin moisturizer, follow these tips:
- Find a moisturizer that will work for your specific skin types. Moisturizers are made for all skin types either dry, oily, or normal. A dermatologist or doctor can help determine skin type.
- Moisturize after a shower or bath. After patting skin dry, smooth on moisturizer to trap water in surface cells.
- Avoid heavy facial moisturizers unless skin is extremely dry. Heavier moisturizers are usually better for use on the legs and arms.
Skin types vary from overly dry to oily. Some types require more attention than others in maintaining healthy skin.
It is important to consider skin type when choosing a moisturizer:
- Normal skin – light, non greasy, water-based moisturizer
- Dry skin – heavier, oil-based moisturizer
- Oily skin – light moisturizer
- Sensitive skin – moisturizer designed for sensitive skin without fragrance or dyes
- Mature skin – oil based moisturizer
Doctor Perricone‘s Active Tinted Moisturizer can be used daily to soften skin. It can be used as a base before applying makeup. The lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer even contains SPF 15 to protect skin from the sun.
The active ingredients help make skin look younger:
- DMAE – Provides contouring benefits to tighten skin losing elasticity. Tones skin. Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – A powerful antioxidant that protects skins cells. Diminishes fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration. Refines skin texture. Reduces pore size, puffiness, imperfections, and uneven skin tone.
- Vitamin C Ester – An antioxidant that provides firmness and elasticity. Diminshes appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration. Leaves skin radiant.
Perricone Cold Plasma, too, helps keep skin soft through the biochemical individuality system that helps lock in moisture. DHA, an essential amino acid, supports the preservation and hydration of skin. Does Cold Plasma work? Recent reviews describe how the key sciences behind the product provide the benefits of soft and younger-looking skin.
Besides moisturizers, there are other ways to maintain skin’s youth and health. Skin can become naturally radiant by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and avoiding things harmful to skin.
For healthier skin:
- Stay hydrated. When the body is dehydrated, it causes the skin to dry out. Hydration also reduces the appearance of under eye circles.
- Maintain a healthy diet full of vitamins, fruits, grains, and nuts.
- Add omega-3 and omega-6 to a healthy diet.
- Avoid fried foods, sugar, alcohol, and caffeine.
- Avoid harsh cold, dry, windy weather.
- Exercise regularly.