With so many different types of Perricone skin care products, it’s hard to find the right mix for you. The easiest way to find the best products is to define your skin type. Once you know your type, you can search Perricone skin care products to fit your concerns. Read on for tips to define your skin type.
Dry skin often appears flaky, rough, and red. Individuals with dry skin often feel itchy and uncomfortable, especially in the winter. This is due to the contrast of outside cold and inside heat, which reduces humidity.
Fortunately, most dry skin conditions are due to external circumstances such as harsh soaps, lack of moisturizer, or overexposure to heat. Find the right Perricone skin care products for dry skin to reduce your dry skin today.
While many rough red dry patches are due to external effects, some may hint at underlying dermatitis, a non-contagious skin condition. Consult a doctor if you think you have this condition.
Completely opposite from dry skin on the skin type spectrum is oily skin. Oily skin is due to the overproduction of sebum in the sebaceous glands, which makes skin look shiny on the outside. Individuals with oily skin generally have large pores, frequent blackheads and whiteheads, and slick skin. Luckily, though, oily skin types tend to show age less due to more hydrated pores.
For those who have oily skin, try Perricone skin care products for acne. Perricone skin care products for acne are made to reduce internal oil that clogs pores without over drying skin.
Even though skin is oily, it is important to use sunscreen every day for UV ray protection. Make sure your Perricone skin care product does not contain oil so that slick skin is kept at bay.
Combination skin is often the most frustrating type to work with because skin presents an array of problems. Some areas may be oily, while others dry. Most individuals with combination skin have dry cheeks and an oily T-zone (chin, nose, and forehead).
If you have combination skin, mix and match Perricone skin care products to find your perfect regimen. In oily areas, try acne products, and in dry areas, try dry and sensitive skin products. Make sure to use the right Perricone skin care products in the right areas, or irritation may occur.
Still not sure of your skin type? Try this simple test:
- Wash face with a gentle skin cleanser, like Gentle Cleanser.
- Do not apply any products, but go about your daily activities for an hour.
- Go to a mirror after the hour is up and examine skin.
- Pat cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin with a tissue, checking the tissue for oil after each pat. If skin looks less oily and the tissue contains oil after a pat, that area is oily. If each area is dry and stays dry after a pat, that area is dry.
- Your skin is oily if every patted area gives off oil. Your skin is dry if no area gives off excess oil. Your skin is a combination if some areas give off oil while others do not.
Follow this test with the perfect Perricone skin care products for your skin type.