To effectively treat and prevent acne, be sure to follow an anti-inflammatory diet and topical skin care program. Ingredients like Salicylic Acid and Lactic Acid help clear and prevent clogged pores, for example, and thus, fight acne and prevent future breakouts.
Read on to learn about a proper acne diet and skin care regimen.
Perricone MD Diet for Clear Skin
To avoid triggering breakouts, be sure to avoid pro-inflammatory foods, like fast food, and processed food.
Instead, the Dr Pericone Diet for acne calls for good sources of vitamin A and the plant form of vitamin A, beta-carotene. Vitamin A has been found to help prevent acne breakouts as well as treat acne lesions.
Oily fish, eggs, and milk are great sources of vitamin A, while good sources of beta-carotene include:
- Dark green, leafy vegetables, e.g. parsley, kale, and spinach
- Yellow-orange vegetables and fruits, e.g. apricots, carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash
Wash out toxins by drinking 8-10 glasses of pure spring water a day.
For superior results, take Perricone MD Skin Clear Supplements once each morning, formulated with:
- B-Complex + Vitamin C
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Asorbyl Palmitate
- Alpha Lipoic Acid+DMAE+Chromium+Zinc
- Omega 3
- Tocospan Vitamin E
- Calcium+Magnesium+Vitamin Dl
This supplement program works from the inside out to improve skin’s clarity while providing toning benefits and improving skin’s texture. As an added bonus, Skin Clear Supplements also help support a healthy immune system and provide antioxidant protection.
Perricone MD Skin Clear Regimen
The Perricone MD Skin Clear products are the ideal complement to the anti-inflammatory acne diet.
There are 3 steps to the topical Skin Clear regimen:
Start fresh by cleansing your skin with Skin Clear cleanser, a deep-cleaning acne cleanser that helps to clear troubled skin by reducing excess sebum and eliminating surface contaminations.
- Salicylic acid to unclog pores and clear acne breakouts
- Eucalyptus oil, which has anti-bacterial properties to combats breakouts, cools and calms inflamed skin
- Allantoin to help encourage skin renewal
- Alpha lipoic acid to deliver anti-aging benefits, such as diminishing pore size and lines and wrinkles
This cleanser preps skin for the next step in the Perricone MD Skin Clear regimen.
Formulated with different concentrations of the same ingredients as the Skin Clear Cleanser, Skin Clear Toner helps to calm inflammation. gently exfoliate skin, and refresh skin without drying it.
Anti-bacterial and anti-microbial, Skin Clear Toner should be applied using a cotton pad to smooth over face, focusing on affected areas, 1-3X daily.
Decrease usage if dryness occurs. Follow with a moisturizer suited for acne to help relieve dryness while treating acne.
Skin Clear Hydrator helps make skin appear more soft and clear as it reduces surface debris, regenerates skin cells, and relieves dryness, increasing skin’s natural moisture with Allatoin.
Skin Clear Hydrator is also formulated with:
- DMAE to re-contour, tighten, lift, and tone skin
- Lactic acid to sloughs cells from skin surface and prevent clogged pores and dry skin
With the right anti-inflammatory diet and skin care regimen, you can achieve clearer skin for a lifetime.
Have you tried this skin clear plan? How has it worked so far?