Many people refer to women having a glow to their skin during pregnancy. But the complex process of creating and fostering a life within you has some downsides for the skin as well. The Mask of Pregnancy, or melasma / chloasma, is the appearance of tan or dark skin discoloration.
While it has a variety of causes, including certain cosmetic products, it is frequently associated with pregnancy. Pregnant or pre-menopausal women may notice dark, irregular shaped patched on the upper cheeks, nose, lips, and forehead. It is believed to be caused by the surge in estrogen and progesterone, producing more melanin pigments when exposed to the sun.
Don’t fret, because you can restore your skin’s glow and reduce the appearance of dark spots with Dr. Perricone’s Vitamin C Ester 15 treatment. Specially formulated to smooth skin’s texture, boost collagen production, and brighten skin dramatically, you will see more luminous skin in just 7 days. It contains a 15% concentration of Vitamin C Ester that minimizes discoloration while brightening and firming your skin’s appearance. It can also be used to reverse sun damage.
How to Use Vitamin C Ester
1. Start by thoroughly cleansing your skin and gently patting it dry. Do not use abrasive motions to dry your skin.
2. Apply pea-sized dots of the product along the areas you are targeting.
3. Use a circular motion to lightly cover your skin in a thin layer.
4. You may experience a drying or warming sensation. This is just the effect of the treatment, as it begins working upon its first application.
5. Wait a few moments before applying your favorite Perricone MD moisturizer.
You can also try Dr Perricone’s Brightening Duo, which includes Vitamin C Ester and Face Finishing moisturizer for radiant smooth skin.