The idea of a one-shade-fits-all finishing product may seem unlikely or impossible to some. Yet NV Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation is marketed as just that. While many who have tried No Foundation Foundation have found it lives up to this promise, some have tested it and have been disappointed, saying the color isn’t universal.
How can it be that some are thrilled with the top seller, while others aren’t? It all has to do with the application.
Find out how to apply NV Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation correctly in this article, so you can join the growing number of satisfied customers.
- Is a one-shade-fits-all finishing product possible?
- How to apply NV Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation correctly
How many times have you bought a foundation, and then applied it at home to find it is too dark, too light, or too “cakey?”
Walk down any beauty aisle, and you’ll find row after row of foundations in various shades. Trying to find a shade that actually matches your unique skin tone can be a daunting and sometimes futile task. So the concept of a product that works for any skin tone may elicit sighs of relief.
NV Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation, available in one universal shade, provides natural, translucent coverage unlike traditional foundations with heavy matte finishes, which emphasize the tiniest skin imperfections.
What’s special about this product is that it allows the skin’s natural radiance and beauty to shine through. The name of the product has “no” in it, signifying it is and it is not a foundation.
It’s in a class of its own.
In addition, NV Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation helps to:
- Correct skin undertones
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles instantly
- Boost skin’s natural moisture throughout the day
- Deliver antioxidant benefits and non-chemical UV protection
Does it work? New York Magazine gathered a panel of testers to find out. This is what they found:
- Our panel of testers ranged from pale white to dark-skinned black, with some olive and tan tones thrown in for good measure. Surprisingly, the foundation blended with everyone’s skin, and coverage was subtle and natural looking. A couple of testers found it a tad bit greasy, while (strangely) the one tester with oily skin didn’t find it greasy in the least bit. But we must say that, though the foundation matched everyone perfectly, the dark-skinned black tester found it worked better as a matte-ifier (not a lot of coverage).
The panel found the shade was universal after all. The key to this positive result is a word in the quote above: “blended.” To see why, read on about how to apply the finishing product correctly.
If you pump out a dot of NV Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation, you’ll see the universal shade has a dark goldenrod hue, a tint that helps to even out redness. This shade blends with any complexion when the finishing product is applied properly.
The goal of No Foundation Foundation is to work with the skin to let your skin’s natural beauty shine through. So with No Foundation Foundation, the application involves blending the finishing cream into the skin, rather than layering on top of it as a cover-up.
- Apply any other treatments and a moisturizer first. The moisturizer helps No Foundation Foundation blend smoothly over a larger surface area than it would without this first step.
- Press down on the pump only 1 time. A pea-sized amount is usually all it takes, since a little goes a long way.
- Blend No Foundation Foundation into your skin in gentle, circular motions all over face.
- Reapply as often as necessary.
And remember, NV Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation is and is not a foundation. It’s something new and different.
Now that you’ve discovered how to apply it correctly, try it yourself and let us know what you think in the comments section below.