Inflammation is an underlying cause in most diseases, as well as the visible signs of aging. In addition to adjusting your diet, adding Perricone MD supplements to your regiment can provide many preventative and corrective benefits. Everything from cancer, IBS, diabetes, allergies, asthma, and Alzheimer’s can be addressed with a balanced diet including anti-inflammatory foods.
If you’re looking for anti inflammatory diet recipes, follow the link for some yummy and beneficial solutions.
Keys to a Balanced Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Adding anti-inflammatory fats like Omega 3, which can also be enhanced with supplements.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables with antioxidants like onions, garlic, peppers, and leafy greens.
- Using plenty of herbs and spices like oregano, rosemary, ginger, curry, and turmeric.
- Avoiding unhealthy fats like Omega 6, often found in processed food, corn, and peanut and soybean oils.
- Avoiding refined carbohydrates like refined sugars, flours and food high on the glycemic index.
- Checking for food allergies, if you are allergic to wheat or dairy, their consumption can initiate inflammation.
Perricone MD’s Metabolic Formula Supplements
Enhancing your anti-inflammatory diet with the right quality supplements can make a world of difference. They offer the perfect balance of components that may be missing in your diet, enhance the nutritional benefits of the foods you eat, and provide the proper dosage which can often require consuming more of a certain food than possible.
Perricone MD’s Metabolic Formula Supplements, provide a 10 day program that promotes healthy weight management. You’ll notice an increase in energy and decrease in appetite, from the use of powerful antioxidants that enhance metabolic activity. Each day also includes an Evening Primrose oil supplement, which provides radiant skin. The plan also includes some of those vital elements we mentions in the anti-inflammatory diet like Omega 3 (the GOOD fats).
While moderate consumption of fish can provide this beneficial fat, you want to avoid eating excessive amounts of fish to avoid getting too much mercury in your diet. The Omega 3 supplements get you to the perfect balance. Turmeric is also an active ingredient in the program. This relative of ginger, contains more than two anti-inflammatory compounds, and functions as an antioxidant. Other active ingredients include Vitamin A and C, CoQ10, and DMAE.