With aging comes facial skin changes like fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging. The first sign of aging occurs in the eye area, which has the most thin and delicate skin on the body. Repetitive eye motions from facial expressions and squinting might form wrinkles.
Wrinkles, dark circles, and crow’s feet appear around the eye area as early as age 20 and can add years to skin’s appearance. Simple lifestyle changes and neuropeptides can help make the skin look young once again.
This article will discuss:
Everyone ages differently, some sooner than others. Wrinkles begin to appear between the 20′s and 30′s, depending on your lifestyle and genetic composition. Sun exposure, smoking cigarettes, and drinking alcohol rapidly speeds up the aging process. Smokers develop wrinkles faster than non-smokers because blood vessels are constricted and oxygen has a harder time reaching the skin.
Some lifestyle changes can help delay formation of fine lines and wrinkles; for example:
- Sleep 7-8 hours daily. Not getting enough sleep leaves most people with under eye bags and dark circles the next day. A continued pattern of insomnia has long-term effects on your face. Wrinkles will form earlier in people who are generally sleep-deprived.
- Drink 8 glasses of water daily. Water is important for healthy brain functions, maintaining metabolism, and improving skin’s appearance. Hydrated skin looks healthier and younger because water is essential for capillary circulation for a healthy color. Because alcohol and caffeine dehydrate your body, try to limit consumption for less wrinkles.
- Protect your skin from the sun. The strong UV rays from the sun can easily damage the sensitive under eye skin and cause wrinkles. Also, repetitive squinting causes wrinkles to form under the eyes. 15 minutes before coming in contact with the sun, apply a broad spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 15.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. Pulling the delicate eye are skin frequently can cause wrinkles to form. Use care when cleaning the under eye area by cleansing in a gentle, circular motion.
Neuropeptides are cells in the brain that work like messengers.
Neuropeptides control your:
- Energy levels
- Pain/pleasure reception
- Body weight
- Problem solving abilities
Pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory neuropeptides exist; however, anti-inflammatory neuropeptides are preferred.
Benefits of anti-inflammatory neuropeptides include:
- Increase production of collagen and elastin
- Repair scars and wrinkles
- Improve circulation
- Decrease fine lines and wrinkles
- Give skin radiant appearance
Dr. Perricone created an extensive line of skin care products designed for a more youthful look, all of which have special Perricone coupons for cost control. One of these products, Neuropeptide Eye Contour, is formulated specifically for the eye area. This rich cream can be applied gently to the eye area every morning and evening.
Regular use can work to:
- Firm sagging skin
- Diminish fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce under eye puffiness, dark circles, and discoloration
- Boost cellular energy
Along with neuropeptides, this formula contains DMAE to firm skin and phospholipids to keep skin hydrated. And like the High Potency Eye Lift, Neuropeptide Eye Contour has the added benefit of minimizing deep winkles and sagging skin.
Watch this video to learn more about the Neuropeptide Eye Contour:
Aging is unavoidable, but with the help of Perricone’s skin care products, the effects of getting older will reduce dramatically.