Did you miss Dr. Perricone in a Valentine’s Day segment, “Improving Your Sex Life with Food” on ABC New York News on February 13th?
What foods make the list?
- Oysters – aphrodisiacs because they have zinc, necessary for synthesis of testosterone
- Pumpkin seeds – especially potent for women
- Peanuts – rich with amino acid which relaxes blood vessels, helping men be a little more responsive
- Garlic – contains allicin, which increases blood flood, important in sexual response
- Avocados – rich in folic acid, helps improve your mood
- Blueberries – also helps improve your mood, increasing your dopamine levels
- Wild Alaskan salmon – whose omega3s are mood enhancers
- Watermelon – a natural Viagra
- Asparagus – high in folic acid, which increases histamine, helping your sex drive
- Dark chocolate – stimulates the production of endorphins, which make you feel good
Check out the full story on ABC New York News here: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/health&id=8542202
Want to ask Dr. Perricone questions yourself? Follow him on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DrPerricone