Collagen is the principal structural protein which holds the skin together. It is responsible for how much elasticity is in the skin. As the body ages, collagen production and elasticity decrease and wrinkles form in the skin.
Collagen is a a mesh of fibers which is rich in lysine, proline, hydroxylysine and hydroxyproline amino acids. Collagen is not only found in the skin, but in a number of organs in different forms or types.
Types of collagen are:
- Type 1 – The most abundant. In skin, tendons, bones, and scar tissue.
- Types 2,9,10,11 – Cartilage.
- Type 3 – Most abundant type of collagen. Very common in fast growing tissue, seen in the early stages of wound repair, then later replaced by type 1.
- Type 4 – Basal lamina, which is the filtration membrane of the capillaries.
- Types 5,6 – Alongside type 1.
- Type 7 – Epithelia in the lining of GI and urinary tract.
- Type 8 – Lining of blood vessels.
- Type 12 – Alongside and interacts with types 1 and 3.
Usually around the age of 35, collagen types 1 and 3 decline. This is when skin loses its elasticity and wrinkles form.
A safe way to combat wrinkles is Dr. Perricone’s Neuropeptide Facial Conformer, a revolutionary anti-aging treatment to restore the appearance of younger-looking skin. Neuropeptide Facial Conformer only requires 2-3 applications a week to combat signs of aging.
Lean more in this video:
Neuropeptide Facial Conformer is formulated with:
- Renews the skin’s dermis
- Delivers more toned, supple, and resilient skin
- Smooths lines and wrinkles
- Combats sagging and crepey aging skin
- Provides firming and toning benefits
- Enhances facial contours
- An anti-inflammatory that enhances the strength of other antioxidant therapies
- Repair damaged skin
- Hydrate and help treat dry, fragile skin
- Mimic the lipids found naturally in skin, allowing for quick absorption