The causes of acne can seem like a mystery when personally confronted with symptoms.
However, researchers have discovered that genetics, diet, cosmetics, environment, hormones, and stress are the major causes of acne. These causes can work separately to cause acne or combine forces to wreak havoc on skin.
Fortunately, knowing the causes is the first step toward clearer skin.
This article discusses just some of the causes and ways to clear skin:
Stay tuned to learn about the rest in an upcoming article.
While the exact genetic cause of acne has yet to be figured out, both clinical and genetic research show that people with a family history of severe acne are more likely to have severe acne.
Researchers at St. Thomas Hospital in London conducted a large study on the influence of genetics on twins’ acne; 458 pairs of identical female twins and 1099 pairs of fraternal female twins participated.
They discovered that 81% of the difference in acne between twin pairs was attributable to genetics. The remaining 19% was attributed to environmental factors such as diet and climate.
The evidence of a major genetic influence on acne is leading to a search for genes that could help treat acne.
While it is impossible to change the hand you are dealt, it is important to play the hand well by managing the other factors associated with acne, such as diet.
Diet has a significant impact on acne because it causes inflammation. Inflammation is the body’s response to harmful substances or infection in the body.
The body views the toxins in unhealthy foods as harmful pathogens.
Avoid pro-inflammatory foods; here’s why:
- Sugar causes insulin spikes, which provoke inflammation.
- High-fat meats contain nitrites, which are associated with inflammation and chronic disease.
- Fast food contains high oil, which decreases blood flow to organs.
- Dairy products contain arachidonic acid, which in excess worsens inflammation.
Instead, build your diet around anti-inflammatory foods:
- High-quality proteins (fish, poultry, tofu, legumes, nuts, seeds)
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Legumes, nuts, and seeds
- Whole grains
Another way to help treat inflammation and thus achieve skin that’s clear is taking daily supplements, such as Perricone Skin Clear Supplements. In its formulation is an anti-inflammation complex, which helps minimize redness and balance your body’s natural oil production. These supplements complement the entire N.V. Perricone Skin Clear regimen.
Have Perricone skin clear treatments worked for you? Share your review below.