In Asia they have known about the healing benefits of mushrooms for centuries, including the powerful affect they have on one’s immune system. They are also high on fiber and flavor, when cooked, but they are also low on sodium, cholesterol, and calories.
Maitake benefits several health concerns when eaten.
• The maitake mushroom offers a unique characteristic: they provide the best proportion of efficacy compared to other mushrooms used for healing purposes. For this reason, in Japan, it’s known as the King of Mushrooms.
• They are best known for their cancer fighting properties.
• Research shows that maitake extracts can block the growth of cancer tumors and boost the immune system of those with cancer.
• They have also shown the ability to minimize the side effects of chemotherapy.
• They may lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
• It has been reported that they aid digestion by regulating the stomach and intestines, and help eliminate food stagnation.
• Consuming maitake extract supports a healthy metabolism.
• Consumption also helps reduce excess weight.
• They protect, moisturizer, and strengthen skin.
How It Works
• They contain polysaccharides and polysaccharide-protein complexes that the body uses to fortify the immune system.
• The mushroom’s beta-glucan supports immune system functions, specifically by activating white blood cells that fight off microorganisms that cause disease.
• Consumption encourages the production of interleukins and other lymphokines, which have chemo protective effects, slow tumor growth, and help to inhibit the spread of cancer.
• Polysaccharide compounds are effective in assisting blood pressure, glucose, insulin and lipids regulation.
• The high lean protein content helps burn cholesterol in digestion.
If you’d like to try some dishes featuring the savory maitake mushroom, you can find some recipes HERE. Keep in mind they can cost around $18 per pound. If you’d prefer to purchase the extract for all of the health benefits, Dr. Pericone has an option for you. The Maitake Mushroom Extract SX-Fraction, is recommended to be taken 3 times a day between meals.
If you’re looking for a natural ‘face lift’ without going under the knife, we suggest trying Dr. Perricone’s Three Day Nutritional Face Lift Diet. You may be wondering what benefits a3 day diet could really offer. This anti-inflammatory diet will kick start weight loss, while increasing brain functions, and eliminating puffiness, leaving skin smoother and firmer.
How it works
The diet is relatively simple- it increased your DMAE, Asthaxanthin, and Fatty Acids by prescribing salmon for two meals a day. It also recommends generous portions of eggs and greens. What you can’t have: no coffee, no alcohol, no dairy, and no root vegetables.
So why so much salmon? Because the DMAE, Asthaxanthin, and Fatty Acids will reduce inflammation, while increasing your skin’s radiance, glow, and firmness. It also improves brain cognition.
• Dr. Perricone recommends Wild Alaskan Salmon from Vital Choice.
• When purchasing your eggs, go for an organic cage free option.
• Pick your favorite bright greens, like asparagus, kale, broccoli, or spinach. You don’t have to eat anything you don’t like, pick and choose your favorites here.
• If your concerned about your energy levels because of the lack of coffee, keep in mind you can drink green tea.
• Of course drink plenty of fresh spring water, as well.
A sample menu is available HERE
If that sounds like too much salmon for your taste, or too restrictive, you can always try the 28 Day Plan, which offers more protein options besides salmon. You may not see the immediate glow you’ll get with the 3 Day Diet, but you will see more weight lose of the course of the diet.
It’s always important to enhance your diet efforts with quality supplements. For glowing skin and efficient weight lose try to the Beauty From the Inside Out Program. It includes Skin and Total Body set, an ideal cocktail of healthy skin vitamins. It also includes Perricone MD’s Omega-3 supplements. They provide you with the benefits of eating salmon, while suppressing your appetite and boosting your metabolism. Of course, it will give you softer, firmer skin as well.
We’re looking to change that this year. We’re envisioning a healthier holiday in which smart foods substitutions, clever nutritional tips and healthier recipes are shared.
What are your favorite fruits and berries?
How do you incorporate healthy spices like garlic, turmeric, and cayenne?
What creative salmon recipes do you have?
How do you jazz up beans and nuts?
Where do you creatively add avocado to your diet for healthy fats?
Please share the healthy tips or recipes will you be making this holiday season? Get pinning and let us know!
How to Enter
- Go to pinterest.com/perriconemd and follow us.
- Create a new board called “A Healthier Holiday”, categorized under “Health & Beauty”.
- Pin one or more of your Perricone MD-friendly recipes or healthier cooking tips along with the Perricone MD Healthy Food Board http://pinterest.com/PerriconeMD/a-healthier-holiday-contest/ that features the ingredient(s) you include in your tip or recipe. Don’t forget to include #ahealthierholiday in your description of each pin.
- All entries are due by 12/31/12. Good Luck!
Prizes: 10 lucky winners will each win a box of the Metabolic Formula Supplements (Value: $75)
About the Metabolic Formula Supplements
This 10 day dietary supplement program supports weight maintenance by increasing your metabolism, while decreasing your appetite. The evening primrose ingredient helps make skin more radiant and healthy!
Inflammation is an underlying cause in most diseases, as well as the visible signs of aging. In addition to adjusting your diet, adding Perricone MD supplements to your regiment can provide many preventative and corrective benefits. Everything from cancer, IBS, diabetes, allergies, asthma, and Alzheimer’s can be addressed with a balanced diet including anti-inflammatory foods.
If you’re looking for anti inflammatory diet recipes, follow the link for some yummy and beneficial solutions.
Keys to a Balanced Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Adding anti-inflammatory fats like Omega 3, which can also be enhanced with supplements.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables with antioxidants like onions, garlic, peppers, and leafy greens.
- Using plenty of herbs and spices like oregano, rosemary, ginger, curry, and turmeric.
- Avoiding unhealthy fats like Omega 6, often found in processed food, corn, and peanut and soybean oils.
- Avoiding refined carbohydrates like refined sugars, flours and food high on the glycemic index.
- Checking for food allergies, if you are allergic to wheat or dairy, their consumption can initiate inflammation.
Perricone MD’s Metabolic Formula Supplements
Enhancing your anti-inflammatory diet with the right quality supplements can make a world of difference. They offer the perfect balance of components that may be missing in your diet, enhance the nutritional benefits of the foods you eat, and provide the proper dosage which can often require consuming more of a certain food than possible.
Perricone MD’s Metabolic Formula Supplements, provide a 10 day program that promotes healthy weight management. You’ll notice an increase in energy and decrease in appetite, from the use of powerful antioxidants that enhance metabolic activity. Each day also includes an Evening Primrose oil supplement, which provides radiant skin. The plan also includes some of those vital elements we mentions in the anti-inflammatory diet like Omega 3 (the GOOD fats).
While moderate consumption of fish can provide this beneficial fat, you want to avoid eating excessive amounts of fish to avoid getting too much mercury in your diet. The Omega 3 supplements get you to the perfect balance. Turmeric is also an active ingredient in the program. This relative of ginger, contains more than two anti-inflammatory compounds, and functions as an antioxidant. Other active ingredients include Vitamin A and C, CoQ10, and DMAE.
As you age or experience more stress your body sees a reduction in the levels of Co-Q10 in your body. What is Co-Q10? Also know as Coenzyme Q10, this vital enzyme plays several important roles in your cells.
Why do we need CoQ10?
- It’s used in the mitochondria, the power plant of your cells. 95% of your body’s energy is made with the help of Co-Q10.
- It functions as an antioxidant. As you age you need to stop the destruction caused by free radicals. Antioxidants stop free radicals in their tracks.
- It aids in weight loss by boosting your metabolism.
- There is evidence it can help treat heart disease, cancer, Parkinson’s disease, and high blood pressure.
- It keeps you looking young. CoQ10 assists in the production of collagen and elastin. Collagen keeps your skin looking firm, and elastin gives your skin flexibility.
How can Perricone, MD help you with boosting your CoQ10 levels?
With the Health & Weight Management Supplements, you’ll get a daily dose of Co-Q10 to help kick start your metabolism and give you extra energy. The 30 day program promotes healthy weight loss and beautiful skin.
When you purchase your 30 supply, you receive everything you need in convenient packaging. Your morning, mid-day and evening supplements are packed together, to keep you organized and make the plan simple.
It’s recommended you take each packet 30 minutes to 1 hour before meals to help repress your appetite.
Each day you’ll also take the following supplements with this total health program:
- Super Antioxidant Formula
- Tyrosine and Alpha Lipoic Acid Capsule
- DMAE Capsule
- Evening Primrose Oil Soft Gel
- Acetyl L- Caritine Capsule
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid Soft Gel
- L-Carnitine Capsule
With the holidays approaching, family gatherings and office parties often lead to extra weight gain. To help stop it before it happens, order the Perricone MD Health & Weight Management Supplements today!