As a board certified Dermatologist, Dr. Perricone is known around the world as an award winning inventor, and renowned healthy aging expert. His patented sciences and propriety formulations are proven effective in fighting the signs of aging skin. He has published several New York Times Best sellers including, The Wrinkle Cure, The Perricone Prescription, and The Perricone Promise. His expert advice is all founded on his Three-Tiered Philosophy. This system provides a holistic approach to not only looking good, but feeling great in every stage of your life.
Inflammation is a factor in many diseases and the visible signs of aging. By practicing an Anti-Inflammatory Diet, you reduce the causes of inflammation, and maintain a healthy weight.
Keys to Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- 8-10 glasses of pure spring water per day
- High Quality Proteins
- Healthy fats
- Low-glycemic Carbohydrates
- Antioxidant rich beverages like green tea
Learn more about the Anti-Inflammatory Diet HERE.
Targeted Nutritional Supplements
Diet alone cannot provide the body with all of vitamins and minerals needed to optimize a balanced anti-aging regime. Perricone MD provides quality supplements to work hand in hand with your diet for visible results. The results include youthful, radiant skin, improved mood, sharpened brain power, increased fat burning, and increased muscle mass. There are several supplement programs available. The Skin and Total Body Supplements assists in maintaining healthy skin, hair, nails, bones and joints.
Skin and Total Body Supplements
This program includes three vital supplements to fight free radicals, diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improves brain function, stimulates hair and nail growth, and supports a healthy immune system. It includes the Super Antioxidant Formula to fight free radicals, and in turn prevent the signs of aging. Omega 3 assists cardiovascular health and reduces inflammation. Astaxanthin benefits the immune system, reduces inflammation, and prevents neurodegenerative diseases.
Clinical Skin Care
Through years of private practice and research, Dr. Perricone has developed a comprehensive line of powerful topical treatments. They work in harmony with his recommended diet and supplements to provide vibrant skin while combating the signs of aging. If you’re new to Perricone MD, try taking the Skin Quiz to determine the best products to address your concerns.
Inflammation is an underlying cause in most diseases, as well as the visible signs of aging. In addition to adjusting your diet, adding Perricone MD supplements to your regiment can provide many preventative and corrective benefits. Everything from cancer, IBS, diabetes, allergies, asthma, and Alzheimer’s can be addressed with a balanced diet including anti-inflammatory foods.
If you’re looking for anti inflammatory diet recipes, follow the link for some yummy and beneficial solutions.
Keys to a Balanced Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Adding anti-inflammatory fats like Omega 3, which can also be enhanced with supplements.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables with antioxidants like onions, garlic, peppers, and leafy greens.
- Using plenty of herbs and spices like oregano, rosemary, ginger, curry, and turmeric.
- Avoiding unhealthy fats like Omega 6, often found in processed food, corn, and peanut and soybean oils.
- Avoiding refined carbohydrates like refined sugars, flours and food high on the glycemic index.
- Checking for food allergies, if you are allergic to wheat or dairy, their consumption can initiate inflammation.
Perricone MD’s Metabolic Formula Supplements
Enhancing your anti-inflammatory diet with the right quality supplements can make a world of difference. They offer the perfect balance of components that may be missing in your diet, enhance the nutritional benefits of the foods you eat, and provide the proper dosage which can often require consuming more of a certain food than possible.
Perricone MD’s Metabolic Formula Supplements, provide a 10 day program that promotes healthy weight management. You’ll notice an increase in energy and decrease in appetite, from the use of powerful antioxidants that enhance metabolic activity. Each day also includes an Evening Primrose oil supplement, which provides radiant skin. The plan also includes some of those vital elements we mentions in the anti-inflammatory diet like Omega 3 (the GOOD fats).
While moderate consumption of fish can provide this beneficial fat, you want to avoid eating excessive amounts of fish to avoid getting too much mercury in your diet. The Omega 3 supplements get you to the perfect balance. Turmeric is also an active ingredient in the program. This relative of ginger, contains more than two anti-inflammatory compounds, and functions as an antioxidant. Other active ingredients include Vitamin A and C, CoQ10, and DMAE.
As you age or experience more stress your body sees a reduction in the levels of Co-Q10 in your body. What is Co-Q10? Also know as Coenzyme Q10, this vital enzyme plays several important roles in your cells.
Why do we need CoQ10?
- It’s used in the mitochondria, the power plant of your cells. 95% of your body’s energy is made with the help of Co-Q10.
- It functions as an antioxidant. As you age you need to stop the destruction caused by free radicals. Antioxidants stop free radicals in their tracks.
- It aids in weight loss by boosting your metabolism.
- There is evidence it can help treat heart disease, cancer, Parkinson’s disease, and high blood pressure.
- It keeps you looking young. CoQ10 assists in the production of collagen and elastin. Collagen keeps your skin looking firm, and elastin gives your skin flexibility.
How can Perricone, MD help you with boosting your CoQ10 levels?
With the Health & Weight Management Supplements, you’ll get a daily dose of Co-Q10 to help kick start your metabolism and give you extra energy. The 30 day program promotes healthy weight loss and beautiful skin.
When you purchase your 30 supply, you receive everything you need in convenient packaging. Your morning, mid-day and evening supplements are packed together, to keep you organized and make the plan simple.
It’s recommended you take each packet 30 minutes to 1 hour before meals to help repress your appetite.
Each day you’ll also take the following supplements with this total health program:
- Super Antioxidant Formula
- Tyrosine and Alpha Lipoic Acid Capsule
- DMAE Capsule
- Evening Primrose Oil Soft Gel
- Acetyl L- Caritine Capsule
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid Soft Gel
- L-Carnitine Capsule
With the holidays approaching, family gatherings and office parties often lead to extra weight gain. To help stop it before it happens, order the Perricone MD Health & Weight Management Supplements today!
While many diets promise to shed pounds quickly, Dr. Perricone’s Eat Your Heart Out diet not only offers weight loss solutions, but a way to fight aging as well. Also known as the Perricone Promise Diet, it focuses on a list of what you can and can’t eat, as well as the use of supplements and topicals.
This diet isn’t about portion control or counting calories. The main focus is to fight inflammation by reducing saturated fats, refined sugars, and other high glycemic carbohydrates from your diet. Here are links to lists of what you should not eat and what you should eat.
Where to start
Dr perricones recommends starting with the Health & Weight Management Supplements. This program is a part of Dr. Perricone’s 3-Tier Approach to a healthy body and beautiful skin. A 30 Day supply provides everything you need, organized into morning, noon, and evening packets. It’s recommended you take each packet 30 minutes to 1 hour before a meal, which will help maximize appetite suppression.
Each day you’ll take 8 different supplements that will assist in maintaining your energy levels, increasing your lean body mass, boosting your metabolism, and satisfying your appetite.
What Supplements are Included?
- The Super Antioxidant formula helps fight those pesky free radicals with additional anti-inflammatory assistance.
- There is also a Tyrosine and Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) capsule. ALA is a powerful antioxidant, combined with Tyrosine, an amino acid, they work together to boost that pesky metabolism.
- The DMAE Capsule has several benefits. It keeps your skin looking tone and improves brain functions. Ready to look and think younger?
- CoQ 10 boosts the metabolism and improves heart health. Research shows people suffering from heart failure show signs of CoQ 10 deficiency.
- You need Omega-6 to help reduce inflammation, which is why each day includes an Evening Primrose Oil soft gel.
- Acetyl L- Carnitine capsules, another amino acid, assists with brain and heart function, muscle movement, and building lean muscles.
- CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) Soft Gels is a powerhouse increasing muscle mass, reducing body fat, and assisting bone density.
- The final piece to the puzzle is a L-Carnitine Capsule. It helps increase energy levels while facilitating fat burning efficiently.
It’s time to begin your journey to a healthier lifestyle, with great looking skin! Follow the Perricone Promise Diet, start fighting inflammation, and start feeling great.
CoQ10 or co-enzyme Q10 is most easily described as a fat-soluble vitamin. It is naturally already in your body and is used to boost your energy and cell growth. There are a lot of various health claims about CoQ10 and it is utilized in a vast array of supplements. Most commonly it is consumed in conjunction with cholesterol lowering medications and for treating muscle aches, pains, and obesity.
Even though it’s relatively new in terms of skin care it has a lot of research to back it up that touts it as a neutralizing agent. As an anti-oxidant enzyme it impacts the condition of your skin by fighting free radicles, or pollutants that cause pre-mature aging. Many factors impact the production of Co-Q10 in the body, and in a perfect world, where you spend your life on the beach meditating; your body would produce as much of the enzyme that was necessary to aid in various metabolic functions running smoothly.
However life happens. Factors like stress, pollution, and pharmaceutical medications impact your body’s natural production of Co-Q10. One of the main factors to the diminishing production of this enzyme is age. As you age the production naturally declines and slows down.
If you are over 35 years of age adding a cream that contains Co-Q10 might not be a bad idea in terms of skin care. You will fight free radicles, begin to reboot the collagen levels, and elasticity of your skin. Not only is it used for anti-aging benefits it’s a great moisturizer. Co-Q10, when ingested as a supplement, gives you a physical energy boost, while it aids in combating the energy decline that’s happening on a cellular and molecular level. Even though you can find Co-Q10 naturally in food, (like spinach, salmon and soybeans) it is most easily attained through vitamin form. It’s often recommended that you take the enzyme with food, and avoid taking it on an empty stomach.
After more research instead of asking “What is Co-Q10” the questions turns out to be why not use Co-Q10. There doesn’t appear to be any downside or ill effects. For more info on this great vitamin see what the doc has to say about what is Co-Q10