Dr. Nicholas Perricone, MD, is a board certified clinical and research dermatologist and is known as the Father of the Inflammation Theory of Aging. He believes that beauty works from the inside out, and his best selling books and award winning products are a direct reflection of that. Dr. Perricone is the king of skin care tips and wants to share them with you. Read more »
CoQ10 or co-enzyme Q10 is most easily described as a fat-soluble vitamin. It is naturally already in your body and is used to boost your energy and cell growth. There are a lot of various health claims about CoQ10 and it is utilized in a vast array of supplements. Most commonly it is consumed in conjunction with cholesterol lowering medications and for treating muscle aches, pains, and obesity.
Even though it’s relatively new in terms of skin care it has a lot of research to back it up that touts it as a neutralizing agent. As an anti-oxidant enzyme it impacts the condition of your skin by fighting free radicles, or pollutants that cause pre-mature aging. Many factors impact the production of Co-Q10 in the body, and in a perfect world, where you spend your life on the beach meditating; your body would produce as much of the enzyme that was necessary to aid in various metabolic functions running smoothly.
However life happens. Factors like stress, pollution, and pharmaceutical medications impact your body’s natural production of Co-Q10. One of the main factors to the diminishing production of this enzyme is age. As you age the production naturally declines and slows down.
If you are over 35 years of age adding a cream that contains Co-Q10 might not be a bad idea in terms of skin care. You will fight free radicles, begin to reboot the collagen levels, and elasticity of your skin. Not only is it used for anti-aging benefits it’s a great moisturizer. Co-Q10, when ingested as a supplement, gives you a physical energy boost, while it aids in combating the energy decline that’s happening on a cellular and molecular level. Even though you can find Co-Q10 naturally in food, (like spinach, salmon and soybeans) it is most easily attained through vitamin form. It’s often recommended that you take the enzyme with food, and avoid taking it on an empty stomach.
After more research instead of asking “What is Co-Q10” the questions turns out to be why not use Co-Q10. There doesn’t appear to be any downside or ill effects. For more info on this great vitamin see what the doc has to say about what is Co-Q10
You are personally invited to take Dr Pericone’s 28-Day Skin & Total Health Challenge! Beginning on January 21st, you can start taking off the weight and turning back the clock, while entering to be eligible for exciting prizes like a trip to Malibu or Perricone, MD products.
Start Fresh will provide you with:
- Shopping List – Dr. Perricone’s recommended foods.
- Recipes – All the recipes you need to complete the 28-Day Diet.
- 28-Day Menu – Complete menu guide to our 28-Day Challenge.
How It Works
Signing up is simple, and we provide you with everything you need to begin your transformation!
1.) Sign Up to enter Start Fresh and receive your exclusive promo code.
2.) Follow Dr. Perricone’s 28-Day Diet. We’ve supplied you with a shopping list, recipes and 28-Day menu to help you stay on track. Make sure to connect with us on Facebook for motivation, tips and recipe contests.
3.) Share your results! Submit a short essay explaining how the 28-Day Diet has changed you for the better. Photos are encouraged but optional. Please send entries to email@example.com. All entries are due by 11:59 pm 2/28/13. Check back for winners to be announced by 3/6/13.
Then you will be entered to win one of our fabulous prizes! To be eligible you must be a US resident, 18 years old or older. A full list of rules is available here.
The Grand Prize Three lucky winners will receive a 3 day, 2 night trip to Los Angelos, CA for a stay at Malibu Beach Inn and receive complimentary Electro-Stim Lifting Facials at the Perricone MD Malibu Boutique, and a $500 Perricone MD shopping spree!
Three more winners will each receive the Cold Plasma Collection of Cold Plasma Face, Blue Plasma, and Cold Plasma Body. This has a value of $340! The Cold Plasma Collection represents Dr. Perricone’s most comprehensive and efficacious work to date to address the 10 visible signs of aging.
3RD Prize Finally, 3 more winners will each receive a 30 day supply of Skin & Total Body Supplements and Omega 3 Supplements valued at $183. This is the perfect set to help you maintain the transformation from the 28 Day Challenge!
So what are you waiting for? Register today! For more tips on losing weight and turning back the clock, check out Dr. Perricone’s Tips to Start Fresh.
In Asia they have known about the healing benefits of mushrooms for centuries, including the powerful affect they have on one’s immune system. They are also high on fiber and flavor, when cooked, but they are also low on sodium, cholesterol, and calories.
Maitake benefits several health concerns when eaten.
• The maitake mushroom offers a unique characteristic: they provide the best proportion of efficacy compared to other mushrooms used for healing purposes. For this reason, in Japan, it’s known as the King of Mushrooms.
• They are best known for their cancer fighting properties.
• Research shows that maitake extracts can block the growth of cancer tumors and boost the immune system of those with cancer.
• They have also shown the ability to minimize the side effects of chemotherapy.
• They may lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
• It has been reported that they aid digestion by regulating the stomach and intestines, and help eliminate food stagnation.
• Consuming maitake extract supports a healthy metabolism.
• Consumption also helps reduce excess weight.
• They protect, moisturizer, and strengthen skin.
How It Works
• They contain polysaccharides and polysaccharide-protein complexes that the body uses to fortify the immune system.
• The mushroom’s beta-glucan supports immune system functions, specifically by activating white blood cells that fight off microorganisms that cause disease.
• Consumption encourages the production of interleukins and other lymphokines, which have chemo protective effects, slow tumor growth, and help to inhibit the spread of cancer.
• Polysaccharide compounds are effective in assisting blood pressure, glucose, insulin and lipids regulation.
• The high lean protein content helps burn cholesterol in digestion.
If you’d like to try some dishes featuring the savory maitake mushroom, you can find some recipes HERE. Keep in mind they can cost around $18 per pound. If you’d prefer to purchase the extract for all of the health benefits, Dr. Pericone has an option for you. The Maitake Mushroom Extract SX-Fraction, is recommended to be taken 3 times a day between meals.