Aging and physical changes are a concern to most people wanting to keep their skin looking young. Aging doesn’t happen over night, and neither does removing the signs.
To defer the signs of aging, a healthy lifestyle can help prevent wrinkles, sagging skin, and discoloration from occurring early.
This article will discuss:
The most common physical signs of aging are seen on the skin, hair, and nails.
Wrinkles are the most significant sign of aging on the skin. Wrinkles appear as skin ages, because its underlying fat is lost while skin simultaneously loses elasticity.
However, some people develop wrinkles earlier than others. Premature wrinkles can be seen as early as the 20s. One of the major causes of premature wrinkles is ultraviolet rays from the sun. Another major cause of premature wrinkles is smoking. Smoking cigarettes causes more free radicals to form within the body, which cause damage to the skin cells and DNA cells.
Some other signs of aging are:
- Thinner, dryer, and more fragile skin
- Grey and thin hair
- Age spots
There are ways to put off the unwanted signs of aging like wrinkles and under eye circles.
The easiest way to delay the signs of aging is by protecting skin from the sun and its harmful rays.
The first step in protecting skin from the sun is to wear a broad spectrum sunscreen, which protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15 about 15 minutes before contact with the sun.
Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. when the sun’s rays are strongest. Even a few minutes in the sun every day adds up in the long run and causes premature wrinkles. The reason wrinkles are most prevalent on the face, neck, and hands is because those body parts are most commonly exposed to the sun. Most importantly, avoid tanning beds.
Smoking cigarettes is another common reason for premature wrinkles, and the dreaded “smokers face,” dry, pale, and wrinkled. The face isn’t the only area that shows signs of aging caused by smoking. The inner arms, neck, and decollete also become wrinkled. Smoking is also a major cause of various kinds of cancer
Smoking causes aging because cigarettes:
- Prevent blood flow in the capillaries and make it harder for skin to absorb oxygen and nutrients.
- Increase production of an enzyme that decreases collagen production, a protein that gives the skin its elasticity.
- Reduce the amount of Vitamin A in the body, which protects the skin from damage.
- Block absorption of Vitamin C, an antioxidant responsible for skin health and protection.
- Cause repetitive facial movements, like puckering lips and squinting eyes. When skin loses elasticity these wrinkles will be permanent.
Incorporating a healthy diet full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory foods can be anti-aging. Foods rich in saturated fat, trans fatty acid, sugar, and starch can speed up the aging process.
Some foods to help the anti-aging process include:
- Fish – a powerful anti-inflammatory food rich in Omega-3 healthy fats.
- Fruits and vegetables – contain many antioxidants.
- Whole grains – contain phytonutrients and soluble fiber to lower cholesterol levels.
- Nuts – improve skin’s collagen and elasticity production.
- Water – helps skin stay hydrated and maintain elasticity.
Exercise is another way to maintain a healthy lifestyle and youthful appearance. The more muscle tone you have, the more toned your skin will appear.
Dr. Perricone has formulated Cold Plasma cream after 5 years of research. This cream formulated with advanced neuropeptide technology, dimethylaminoethanol, and DHA should be applied morning and evening to help correct 10 visible signs of aging such as:
- Enlarged pores
- Uneven skin tone
- Loss of firmness, smoothness, and radiance
By following the above anti-aging tips and incorporating a powerful anti-aging regimen, you can not only prevent but possible reverse signs of aging.