The media is constantly telling you what anti aging skin care products are the best. This makes it difficult to choose the right product for you, when every brand is saying the same thing. However, there is a secret to telling which brands are deceiving you and which are telling the truth.
By simply looking at the ingredients, you are able to discover the difference between which products on the market are effective, and which are not, by simply looking at the ingredients on the back of the box.
This article will discuss:
- Mineral oil is one of the many ingredients that you should stay clear from. It is used in many skin products to help moisturize your skin, however there is a downfall to using it. Since this ingredient is an additive oil that you apply to your skin, you are actually clogging up your pores and causing more skin issues. This results in you having to go out and purchase another product to counter the new skin problems that the mineral oil caused.
- Alcohols, such as ethanol, ethyl alcohol, methanol, benzyl alcohol, and isopropyl alcohol, all should be avoided. These types of alcohols are found in many skin care products, but they also have a downfall to using them as well. They dry out your skin and strip away essential natural oils for moisturizing. Drying out your skin will only make your skin age quickly.
- Collagen is another ingredient that should be avoided. Although, it is not harmful to your skin, companies use this ingredient misleadingly. Many brands of anti-aging products market that their product contains collagen to replace your body’s own decreasing collagen. However, they fail to mention that the molecules in collagen are too big to pass through your skin. Instead, you should get anti-aging products that stimulate your own body’s collagen; but you cannot replace it by using a cream.
- Antioxidant acids, important in anti-aging skin care products, are essential in helping to repair your skin after it has been damaged by aging or from exposure to the environment. Another important role they play is protecting your skin from free radicals, which is one of the causes of the aging process.
- DMAE is an important ingredient in an anti-aging skin care product because it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also aids in boosting other antioxidants to increase your skin’s brightness and smoothness. Another important aspect that DMAE helps with is stabilizing cell membranes to protect them from free radical damage.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is a superior antioxidant protection. It also helps improve your skin by enhancing its resilience, tone, and texture. Similar to DMAE, it reduces wrinkles, as well as minimizes pores and scarring.
- Olive Oil Polyphenols are healthy for your skin and your body in several ways, in contrast to mineral oil. Olive Oil does not clog your skin but helps your skin contain its elasticity and smoothness. The polyphenols assist in reducing free radicals related to sun-based skin damage. Olive Oil Polyphenols are also healthy for your skin because it contains vitamin E, which helps with natural collagen production, and Vitamin K, which is used to treat dark circles under the eyes.
- Vitamin C Ester is different from Vitamin C because Vitamin C Ester is both water soluble and fat-soluble. This allows for rapid penetration into the cells of your body. It is also much gentler to the skin and more stable in topical treatment. Vitamin C Ester helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration. It will also help your skin appear smooth and keep your skin healthy. Another benefit to vitamin C Ester is that it provides antioxident protection.
- Tocotrienols is fat-soluable and is a superior form of Vitamin E, 40 to 60% more effective to in preventing free radical damage. It also has powerful antioxidant properties and nourishes dry, damaged skin.
Perricone’s skin care products all contain the ingredients that are very helpful and effective for fighting off the signs of aging. There are several products that are used as anti-aging treatments. The products listed here are only a few of the many Perricone anti-aging products. Perricone has different anti-aging products to help repair different areas of your body.
- Advanced Face Firming Activator
The Advanced Face Firming Activator can be very beneficial for the skin on your face by helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles and helping hydrate your skin. It can also help improve rough or uneven texture. The healthy ingredients that this product contains includes DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
Clinicals for this products has reported that 82% of people saw improvement in their skin tone. Also, 73% of users reported in their skin texture and the overall quality in their skin.
- Firming Neck Therapy
This Firming Neck Therapy can be beneficial to the skin on your neck by helping tone, tighten, and increase the overall elasticity of the skin in this area. It can also help improve the skin that has already been damaged due to aging or any environmental factors, such as the sun.
The healthy ingredient that this product contains is tocotrienols to help repair the sensitive skin on the neck.
- High Potentcy Evening Repair
The High Potentcy Evening Repair can be beneficial to both the skin on your neck and face. It should be applied at night while you sleep, so that you can fight the signs of aging when your skin’s metabolic activity is at its highest. This product will help address fine lines and wrinkles, loss of elasticity, enlarged pores, surface imperfections, and dull skin. After application, also use the Face Finishing Moisturizer to strengthen your fight against aging and to keep your skin hydrated.
The healthy ingredients that this product contains are DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
In order to be sure that you are choosing an effective anti-aging skin care product, be sure to check the ingredients. Always avoid brands that claim to use collagen to replace diminishing collagen. Also avoid using products that contain mineral oil and different types of alcohols, because these ingredients are unhealthy for your skin. All Dr. Perricone products use healthy and helpful ingredients that will help improve your skin’s condition.