One option is the addition of an effective acne cleanser to your daily skin care regimen.
Read on to learn about:
Before choosing an acne cleanser, know what causes the breakouts in the first place.
Acne is caused by:
- Overproduction of oil (sebum)
- Irregular shedding of dead skin cells resulting in irritation of the hair follicles of your skin
- Buildup of bacteria
A good acne cleanser will prevent these causes from leading to new acne lesions and will also treat any breakouts that have already occurred.
Narrow down the search for the right cleanser by looking for ingredients that help prevent and treat the causes of acne.
3 effective acne fighting ingredients to look for in acne cleanser:
1. Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA):
- The ultimate antioxidant.
- Found in nearly every cell of the body.
- Like other antioxidants, it protects the skin at the cellular level from free radicals that cause inflammation to occur.
- Reduces pore size, puffiness, imperfections, and uneven skin tone.
2. Salicylic Acid is a Keratolytic, which causes cells of the outer layer of skin to shed, thereby unclogging pores, and clearing acne breakouts.
3. Eucalyptus Leaf Oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic qualities, which cool and calm inflamed skin as well as combat bacteria which cause breakouts and blemishes.
Dr. Perricone understands the importance of treating acne and has developed his own acne fighting line of formulated products called Perricone MD Skin Clear. Included in the Skin Clear regimen is the Skin Clear Cleanser, which is formulated with the 3 ingredients discussed above.